December 07, 2009

No More Grandma Elf


Some of you may have seen the Grandma Elf video I posted on the weekend. It was one of the Elf Yourself videos you can make. I made one with my mother's face on the disco dancing elf, and I thought it was cute. She however did not. She does not have Internet or understand blogs (she's 82) so I showed it to her when she was at my house this weekend, plus the one I made with the kittens.

I really thought she would laugh at herself dancing to disco in an elf suit. Boy was I wrong! She called me today and told me she didn't appreciate being made fun of and that the video was obscene and offensive. I was floored, I don't get it! I didn't put her head on a stripper, it's an elf for crying out loud. I was trying to include her in our holiday fun. I have one of my son doing the same dance. So I deleted it today.

Maybe she was afraid my many, many readers (three, I believe) were laughing at her. I never think of her as being from such a different generation than I, but I guess she really is. I saved a copy just for me and my son, because he thought Grandma made a cool elf, too bad she didn't think of it that way. Hope I didn't offend any other grandma's out there.

1 comment:

Vixen said...

Don't worry too much about it. Some people find the strangest things offensive. Surely she knows in her heart you weren't trying to hurt her.

Related Posts with Thumbnails