June 29, 2012

To Dye or not To Dye

I'm 51 years old. Just one year ago I was 50. Somewhere in that time it seems I have aged, a lot.

It's like someone pulled a plug and said that's it, time for your youth to spiral down the drain. I had some gray hair before but not so much that I appeared to be a grandmother rather than a mother of a 7 year old.
grandma
A few weeks ago I finally cut off much of my long hair, about 8 inches and brought it up to my shoulders. Now all I see is the gray. So I bought a box of hair color. It's been sitting on my bathroom counter taunting me.

I do want to have my old color back and hide some of the gray. What I don't want to do is have to maintain it. Kind of like when you first shave your legs, there's no going back. So I have to decide if I want to put one more thing on my "keep yourself up to snuff" list. Ugh!
combing hair
I will confess that I let the smooth shaven legs look, go much longer between shaves than I used to. I'm not married or dating and no one else seems to care. Plus I'm can't see without my glasses on anymore to do a proper job in the shower anyway.

This whole fabulous fifties thing isn't really happening for me yet. I need to work on that.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails