December 13, 2009

Clara is Here For Christmas


This is Clara. I wanted to be sure she was going to live before I posted a photo. She is 12 weeks old now and doing well. It was touch and go for a while but I think she's out of the woods for now.

The only thing is, she is tiny! I mean teacup tiny. Clara is 3 months old and barely 2 1/2 pounds. She is very active however and something of a clown. I laugh all day watching her play, which is good for me, I can always use more laughter.

On another sad note however, I think the last of my very old cats, is going to leave me soon. Merlin is 19 now and not doing well this weekend. He seems comfortable but not eating much. I fear his kidneys have finally come to the end. I will not let him starve and euthanize if needed.

Merlin is the last of the kittens I took home when I first started working in veterinary medicine. Kittens come and old cats leave, such are the seasons of life.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails