April 11, 2009

Easter Eve

It’s 10pm Easter Eve and my son has finally fallen asleep. I have put together his Easter basket and now it goes back in the closet until after our pet sitting rounds in the am.
We had to do this at Christmas too, no time to stop and open gifts when there are dogs waiting to go out all over town.

Our holidays are not the same as most folks. Since most of my pet sitting clients are special needs animals (I’m also a vet tech) on medications, we make multiple visits to check on them during the day, so holiday meals and schedules are worked in around the animals. For my son who is four, it has always been this way. He knows that we go feed the pets first and Santa/Easter Bunny, comes while we are gone.

For me, it’s hard because this was not the way I envisioned holiday mornings with my son but then again, much of my life is not the way I envisioned it. Running my own business is what allows me to be at home with my son so I’m grateful for that. I doubt I will be doing this forever, but for now it sort of works.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails